With the rapid advancement in technology and the availability of plenty of readily accessible Web Design Software products out there, creating websites can be done by almost everybody even without web designing skills yet. Gone are the days when website development was a tough job that mainly required coding skills. In this tutorial for beginners, I have listed five of the most easy-to-use, free Web Design Software products that can be readily acquired through download. By the time you finished reading this article, you should be able to decide which one suits best according to your project.
What Does Web Design Software Do?
Web Design Software is software for creating websites. Web design software enables you to create web templates and designs with less time and minimal effort. Way back then, we are required to have significant coding knowledge even to design a basic template. But as technology progresses at a fast pace, anyone can build their web designs easily and quickly nowadays.
Why Do We Need Software?
Your website is the only way you can communicate with your potential clients. And such people will judge your business and services almost instantly as they view your website. After all, the owner’s personality reflects on his website. So, to establish a solid impression and maximize the most out of it, having a strong website is a must. Therefore, Web Design Software is a program that will help you create a professional-looking website.
Top 5 Best Web Design Software For Beginners
WordPress ranks first among the most often used site building packages in the world. It is free to download and use. It also has numerous add-ons for specialized functionality and can be readily customized to suit the needs of individual users. WordPress is beginner-friendly so that they can set up websites quickly with no knowledge of code or programming.
- allows you complete control of your website
- very easy to customize with thousands of templates to choose from
- has access to a huge collection of extensions, add-ons, and plugins
- third-party tools already have integrations available for WordPress.
- does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder.
- despite easy to use, it is still advisable to learn at least some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to make things a lot easier.
Weebly is also one of the most popular website builders available on the market. When using Weebly, it provides you with both hosting space and domain name to start your site. You can easily create sites for businesses, blogs, eCommerce, or a variety of other purposes.
- websites are optimized for their hosting meant they have fast loading speeds
- takes care of security against hackers and spam
- has onboarding which means user-interface will guide you as you progress
- if you don’t mind your site on a subdomain (i.e., http://yourwebsite.weebly.com) they remove all ads with the first paid tier
- drag and drop feature is very optimized
- has third party Built-in Features and Extensions
- can be difficult to add advanced marketing tools such as an EV SSL, custom email collection tools, specific Schemas, and A/B testing software
- doesn’t have “root” or “FTP” access to your server files – in the jargon
- moving to a new platform is difficult